Saturday, February 18, 2012

Culture to Style


I love transforming whatever traditional garments I come across when I’m researching, in to every day wearable clothes without having the need to follow a complicated procedure that is beyond the ability of many young women who usually have to ask their mothers to help them to dress up. I’ve been thinking of ways to make it look less complicated, comfortable yet fashionable by applying contemporary details and structural elements in to them without straying too much away from traditions because, I find it very interesting how different costumes have these interesting silhouettes, details, trims and colour combinations they have used to bring out their nationality through their clothes. It’s amazing! So I think I prefer preserving the traditional feel to it but at the same time add a modern twist to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment